yerfatma has posted 316 links and 11622 comments to SportsFilter and 17 links and 1230 comments to the Locker Room and 1 column.
Great Predicitons I Have Heard
Great Predictions I Have Made
- "Big mistake for DET. Milicic is the next Wilt Chamberlain."
- "can you say L.A. Saints QB Matt Leinart?" Verdict: False
- "I believe that the 49ers will play to lose on Sunday and thus create a situation with the draft. This could cause the Saints to be able to draft first, and get Bush. This will put Matt Leinart, the Saints' former option, in a freefall. He will probably land outside the top 5 and into the hands of Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders." Verdict: True, True, False, but not bad, except . . .
- "Let us talk about the #2 pick. That will be Saints QB Matt Leinart. Lat night's game will be like half of Leinart's season. However, there will be a bright side. His coach will be Dom Capers, yes Capers. Also he will be the L.A. Saints QB" Verdict: False, False, False
- "Martz is getting the Saints gig and Haslett the Lions. " Verdict: False, False
- "Martz is one really foolish man, but he more than half a brain, and I doubt that he'll take the [Saints head coach position-- contrast with opinion above, ed.]. Dom Capers probably will" Verdict: False and conflicting with previous predictions on both coaches
- "The News in the NFL is that the Saints have played their last game in Louisiana ever. The question now is where will they play next year: S.A. or L.A. Remember, Baton Rouge and N.O. are now out of the picture for 2006 and beyond." (12/20/2005) Verdict: False
- "The PAckers are battling the Jets for Haslett. We'll have to see if NY breaks or not." Verdict: They didn't
- This Wonderlic story is a joke. This will probably hurt VY. Verdict: True, 3 days after the story broke and everyone was already asking if he was a draft risk
- "Look like the Marlins are moving." (11/22/2005) Verdict: False
- "However, let me present the scenario that will happen in all liklihood. There is a tug of war between Vegas and Portland for the Marlins. Vegas will probaby win. and get the Marlins. Anyways, the loser of the Marlins sweepstakes get the Nats. This will probably be Portland. Anyway, both Vegas and Portland will get a team, soon." Verdict: False
- "Johnny Damon is next [to the Dodgers], so long as the Boys in Blue give up on Reggie Sanders" Verdict: False
- "The Big Unit will probably not be in pinstripes." (12/20/2005) Verdict: False
- "As hard to believe as it may seem, I believe in Manny the Met. This is how one can look at it. Shaq to Miami was the Ruth to Yanks of the modern era. This trade is not as lopsided and bizarre as the Shaq trade." (1/6/2006) Verdict: False, crap
- Clement had a slow start last year with the injury and all.... He should put up very good numbers this coming season. Heck, he should be close to making the 20 win mark (3/20/2006) Verdict: He's really going to have to work to get to 20
- 2006 MLB Final Standings (4/16/2006)
- By the end of next week, Chicago should be at the top looking at the Tigers from the rear view mirror (5/30/06) Verdict: False
- New England is past their prime. they will be lucky to make the playoffs. (6/1/06) Verdict: False
- This Detroit team reminds me a little of the fab '84 team that went like a shot and never looked back.I believe they will go all the way. Verdict: False
- Giants will go all the way and that's a fact jack. You can take that to the bank. (6/29/06) Verdict: False
- I think that Tiger is not even the best overall player of his time. That's Phil . . . Sergio Garcia, who is probably tomorrow's Tiger (8/7/06)
- But I'll predict right now that the PGA at Medinah won't be No. 51. I don't really want to stir up the "Tiger can't win on truly tough courses" thing again,but two weeks from now,I'll be saying I told you so. (8/6/2006) Verdict: False
- I promise my wife will not be pregnant come the time for next season's draft. (8/30/06) Verdict: Semi-Accurate, draft never happened
- lee suggs will be texans #1 rb and rush for 1500 yds and 20 td. (9/3/2006) Verdict: False, Suggs signed with the Dolphins on the same day
- Upset special coming up this weekend. Penn State over Ohio State. (9/18/2006)
- Prediction: Bears do not extend the contract of Lovie Smith and Cowher comes aboard in '08. (1/5/2007) Verdict: Highly un-effin' likely
- Well Danny rose up to the occasion. Faced with another dynasty or becoming the Devil Rays of basketball, Ainge stepped up and hit the homer. (7/30/2007)
- SF is going to be the worst hitting team in MLB next year if Bonds is not playing for them. (9/22/07) A
- La Russa is all but in. Rivera and Posada are gone in that case, Pettitte and Clemens are gone even if Torre had survived. A-Rod seems to be gone I think that if La Russa is hired, chances are higher than Giambi will be gone (10/10/07)
- As for A Rod, I read somewhere that both he and Mo Rivera will likely consder Torre's new digs at Chavez Ravine in their decision. (10/30/07)
- "Tiger is scary. He will have the best season ever next year." (12/20/07)
Rudy, Interrupted: South Carolina State's 55 Year-Old Back: "He's the only player without even a single accessory: no leggings, no wristbands, no gloves, just team-issued blue-and-white striped shorts, his No. 47 jersey and an unadorned helmet. With the pads bulking his chest and the helmet guarding the wisp of grey at the peak of his hairline, he hardly seems 55 years old."
posted by yerfatma to football at 10:05 AM on November 29 - 3 comments
Remembering Amare as He Might Have Been:
Like everything during that era of Phoenix prosperity, the team's plans for the future moved in warp speed. Internally, the Suns imagined a new positional prototype for their high-octane system, to be unleashed in the following season. Point center, they called it. Amar’e Stoudemire, the 22-year-old future of the franchise, was to be its apostle.
posted by yerfatma to basketball at 03:23 PM on July 28 - 2 comments
Tom Brady's 4-Game Suspension Reinstated for DeflateGate: A federal appeals court has ruled that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve a four-game DeflateGate suspension imposed by the NFL, overturning a lower judge and siding with the league in a battle with the players union. "We hold that the Commissioner properly exercised his broad discretion under the collective bargaining agreement and that his procedural rulings were properly grounded in that agreement and did not deprive Brady of fundamental fairness," the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Monday in New York.
posted by yerfatma to football at 11:48 AM on April 25 - 21 comments
"A Guy Like Me": John Scott on his All Star Experience. He definitely has my vote after reading this piece.
"Because, while I may not deserve to be an NHL All-Star, I know I deserve to be the judge of what my kids will — and won’t — be proud of me for."
posted by yerfatma to hockey at 09:28 AM on January 29 - 1 comment