||January 30, 2002
||September 15, 2014
yerfatma has posted 283 links and 10801 comments to SportsFilter and 17 links and 1229 comments to the Locker Room and 1 column.
Great Predicitons I Have Heard
Great Predictions I Have Made
- "Big mistake for DET. Milicic is the next Wilt Chamberlain."
- "can you say L.A. Saints QB Matt Leinart?" Verdict: False
- "I believe that the 49ers will play to lose on Sunday and thus create a situation with the draft. This could cause the Saints to be able to draft first, and get Bush. This will put Matt Leinart, the Saints' former option, in a freefall. He will probably land outside the top 5 and into the hands of Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders." Verdict: True, True, False, but not bad, except . . .
- "Let us talk about the #2 pick. That will be Saints QB Matt Leinart. Lat night's game will be like half of Leinart's season. However, there will be a bright side. His coach will be Dom Capers, yes Capers. Also he will be the L.A. Saints QB" Verdict: False, False, False
- "Martz is getting the Saints gig and Haslett the Lions. " Verdict: False, False
- "Martz is one really foolish man, but he more than half a brain, and I doubt that he'll take the [Saints head coach position-- contrast with opinion above, ed.]. Dom Capers probably will" Verdict: False and conflicting with previous predictions on both coaches
- "The News in the NFL is that the Saints have played their last game in Louisiana ever. The question now is where will they play next year: S.A. or L.A. Remember, Baton Rouge and N.O. are now out of the picture for 2006 and beyond." (12/20/2005) Verdict: False
- "The PAckers are battling the Jets for Haslett. We'll have to see if NY breaks or not." Verdict: They didn't
- This Wonderlic story is a joke. This will probably hurt VY. Verdict: True, 3 days after the story broke and everyone was already asking if he was a draft risk
- "Look like the Marlins are moving." (11/22/2005) Verdict: False
- "However, let me present the scenario that will happen in all liklihood. There is a tug of war between Vegas and Portland for the Marlins. Vegas will probaby win. and get the Marlins. Anyways, the loser of the Marlins sweepstakes get the Nats. This will probably be Portland. Anyway, both Vegas and Portland will get a team, soon." Verdict: False
- "Johnny Damon is next [to the Dodgers], so long as the Boys in Blue give up on Reggie Sanders" Verdict: False
- "The Big Unit will probably not be in pinstripes." (12/20/2005) Verdict: False
- "As hard to believe as it may seem, I believe in Manny the Met. This is how one can look at it. Shaq to Miami was the Ruth to Yanks of the modern era. This trade is not as lopsided and bizarre as the Shaq trade." (1/6/2006) Verdict: False, crap
- Clement had a slow start last year with the injury and all.... He should put up very good numbers this coming season. Heck, he should be close to making the 20 win mark (3/20/2006) Verdict: He's really going to have to work to get to 20
- 2006 MLB Final Standings (4/16/2006)
- By the end of next week, Chicago should be at the top looking at the Tigers from the rear view mirror (5/30/06) Verdict: False
- New England is past their prime. they will be lucky to make the playoffs. (6/1/06) Verdict: False
- This Detroit team reminds me a little of the fab '84 team that went like a shot and never looked back.I believe they will go all the way. Verdict: False
- Giants will go all the way and that's a fact jack. You can take that to the bank. (6/29/06) Verdict: False
- I think that Tiger is not even the best overall player of his time. That's Phil . . . Sergio Garcia, who is probably tomorrow's Tiger (8/7/06)
- But I'll predict right now that the PGA at Medinah won't be No. 51. I don't really want to stir up the "Tiger can't win on truly tough courses" thing again,but two weeks from now,I'll be saying I told you so. (8/6/2006) Verdict: False
- I promise my wife will not be pregnant come the time for next season's draft. (8/30/06) Verdict: Semi-Accurate, draft never happened
- lee suggs will be texans #1 rb and rush for 1500 yds and 20 td. (9/3/2006) Verdict: False, Suggs signed with the Dolphins on the same day
- Upset special coming up this weekend. Penn State over Ohio State. (9/18/2006)
- Prediction: Bears do not extend the contract of Lovie Smith and Cowher comes aboard in '08. (1/5/2007) Verdict: Highly un-effin' likely
- Well Danny rose up to the occasion. Faced with another dynasty or becoming the Devil Rays of basketball, Ainge stepped up and hit the homer. (7/30/2007)
- SF is going to be the worst hitting team in MLB next year if Bonds is not playing for them. (9/22/07) A
- La Russa is all but in. Rivera and Posada are gone in that case, Pettitte and Clemens are gone even if Torre had survived. A-Rod seems to be gone I think that if La Russa is hired, chances are higher than Giambi will be gone (10/10/07)
- As for A Rod, I read somewhere that both he and Mo Rivera will likely consder Torre's new digs at Chavez Ravine in their decision. (10/30/07)
- "Tiger is scary. He will have the best season ever next year." (12/20/07)
Let's all root against the Diamonbacks: "But the Diamondbacks donít play the game 'the right way', not even close. And they offered another painful reminder of that this weekend, retaliating for an accidental hit-by-pitch by beaming Andrew McCutchen squarely in the back."
posted by yerfatma to baseball at 07:12 PM on August 04 - 0 comments
Will Financial Fair Play kill youth development at larger clubs?: "They will, at some point, be sold on, a premium fee guaranteed by having attended finishing school at one of the world's elite clubs. Chelsea are essentially running a recruitment and development business completely unrelated to their first team . . . Investment in their youth structures is exempt from FFP. But the money the club raise by selling players is not. They are making their money work for them. As one observer put it to me Wednesday, they are 'gaming' FFP."
posted by yerfatma to soccer at 08:33 AM on August 01 - 1 comment