FanDuel - WFBC

November 15, 2007

Gaborik issues public apology to fantasy owners: "When developing this team it is obvious that management paid no attention to fantasy owners, but instead selfishly decided that winning games was more important." I have to wonder what sparked this.

posted by DrJohnEvans to hockey at 10:26 PM - 8 comments

13 points in 12 games is still over 1 ppg, what's he apologizing for again? I can think of at least ten other players who should be doing the apologizing (Cheechoo, Elias, Gomez...). Hell, he had a goal and assist tonight tonight, but I had him on the bench tonight because Yahoo! has him listed as DTD.

posted by MrFrisby at 11:29 PM on November 15

Yeah, I can certainly live with his stats so far...its the injuries that I worry about. Don't apologize, just keep yourself healthy and on the ice. Glad to see that he was back tonight anyway.

posted by chris2sy at 01:19 AM on November 16

*WHOOOOOOOOMMMMMPHHHHHHHHH* The sound made as article sails over heads.....

posted by SportsNarrative at 08:37 AM on November 16

sails over heads..... LoL I don't watch hockey, and have no idea who Gaborik is, however I love me some sarcasm. Gaborik's statement is so good I just might watch my first Minnesota game. "But I am afraid management is obsessed with giving Minnesota fans a Stanley Cup." F-n classic!

posted by r8rh8r27 at 09:56 AM on November 16

But don't forget, he will try to help them out "when he can." Hillarious!!! This guy just became one of my favorite players.

posted by BCHockey at 11:09 AM on November 16

Hell, he had a goal and assist tonight tonight, but I had him on the bench tonight because Yahoo! has him listed as DTD. It is probably a preemptive day to day. Saves Yahoo! employees a lot of work down the stretch when Garorik doesn't play for a month or two but is never put on IR.

posted by Ying Yang Mafia at 02:40 PM on November 16

Added Sergei Federov; "Oh yeah, you shouldn't draft me at all. It's just name recognition and old reels of NHL '97 running through your head. Seriously, I'm horrible." I love Yahoo pools (because they're free and full of jaunty colours), but they get the injured stuff wrong, the positions wrong and fuck up the stats frequently. I mean, right now it says I'm in second place in the pool. And I look at my team and I'm all like - that's unpossible.

posted by WeedyMcSmokey at 03:20 PM on November 16

I too have Gaborik on my Yahoo Fantasy team, and up until now I was furious with him. He avgs more than 1 ppg, what's wrong with him? Now I know the organization is holding him back. Unfrigginbelievable. I think I feel better now.

posted by BoKnows at 04:26 PM on November 16

You're not logged in. Please log in or register.