||January 31, 2002
||March 18, 2012
djacobs has posted 43 links and 283 comments to SportsFilter and 20 links and 140 comments to the Locker Room.
- the Mets score 10 runs in the bottom of the 8th after being down 8-1.
- Ron Harper wagging his finger after hitting the game winner in game 3, 2000, at the Rose Garden.
- Mark - somebody? - of the Portland Rockies, hitting a game winning grand slam in the bottom of the 10th to send Portland to the playoffs over - Yakima? (I guess the specifics weren't so memorable as my friends and I going insane)
- Robin Ventura - this year - hitting a home run against the Mets in the top of the 11th.
- Orel Hershiser vs. Mets, game 7, 1988.
- Up by 13 with 10 minutes to go, and then it was gone (again, 2000)
Hey! The ** asterisk was NOT a mistake, but the HG/JG was. :) The asterisk was a clever visual pun! Can they be restored?
posted by djacobs to editorial policy at 04:48 PM on March 02 - 13 comments
** Bonds, JG, Sheff on 'roids.: Other baseball players identified were ... former Giants outfielder Marvin Benard and catcher Benito Santiago, and former A's second baseman Randy Velarde. Since Velarde was taking them, we know it's a minimal advantage.
posted by djacobs to baseball at 07:01 AM on March 02 - 50 comments