SportsFilter: The Thursday Huddle:
A place to discuss the sports stories that aren't making news, share links that aren't quite front-page material, and diagram plays on your hand. Remember to count to five Mississippi before commenting in anger.
posted by huddle to general at 06:00 AM - 4 comments
Google Spreadsheet listing all 10+ WAR players teams have drafted in the first round since 1965.
posted by yerfatma at 09:53 AM on May 09
Notes from the evening:
- I really, REALLY wish Toronto had faced Montreal in the first round.
- Sidney Crosby is awesome.
- Is there anyone in the west that can seriously challenge Chicago?
- Tie game, two outs, bottom of the 10th, man on second, and the Jays decide to intentionally walk someone. And then accidentally walk someone. And then accidentally walk someone else to end the game. I fucking hate intentional walks.
- How does the NBA have ZERO games scheduled this early in the playoffs?
posted by grum@work at 12:17 AM on May 10
It's last Friday's fault. Four game 6s with prospective game 7s on Sunday. When all of those series ended last Friday the NBA needed somebody to play on their Sunday showcase so the Thunder-Grizz and Knicks-Pacers started their series on only one day rest. They've been going every other day for 4-5 games straight and the NBA decided to give them extra time on a travel day since they gained extra time when all those game 7s fell through. Friday's fault.
posted by tron7 at 10:06 AM on May 10
I thought the Bulls played in the East. You can't be talking about the Blackhawks, since they aren't likely to make it out of the next round whether they get the Sharks or Red Wings.
Famous last weords, he said...
posted by billsaysthis at 11:53 AM on May 10
You're not logged in. Please log in or register.
Copyright © 2013 SportsFilterAll posts and comments are © their original authors.