NFL Pick 'Em Champion: Ying Yang Mafia: Turn out the lights, the party's over: Ying Yang Mafia has won the SportsFilter NFL Pick 'Em in a tiebreaker.
posted by rcade to fantasy at 10:28 AM - 14 comments
1. Baltimore over San Francisco: tommytrump, DudeDykstra, jmd82
2. Over 47.5 total points: rcade, NoMich, NerfballPro, bender, hincandenza, Irish627, Mr Bismarck, tahoemoj, Ying Yang Mafia
3. Top passer (Colin Kaepernick, 302 yards): hincandenza, Irish627
4. Top rusher (Frank Gore, 110 yards): rcade, NoMich, grum@work, NerfballPro. cixelsyd, Irish627, Mr Bismarck, tahoemoj, Ying Yang Mafia
5. Top receiver (Michael Crabtree, 109 yards): NerfballPro, cixelsyd, hincandenza, ChinaGrover, tahoemoj, Ying Yang Mafia
6. First touchdown score (Anquan Boldin): NoMich, Irish627
7. Most tackles (Patrick Willis, 8): rcade, cixelsyd, Irish627
8. Player getting interception or fumble (Ed Reed): tommytrump, Etrigan, NoMich, bender, Mr Bismarck, DudeDykstra, jmd82
9. Player getting sack (Ahmad Brooks): Mr Bismarck
10. Brand winning Super Bowl Ad Meter (Budweiser): grum@work, Irish627, jmd82, tahoemoj
11. The Super Bowl's overnight rating (48.1): no one
12. Total points (65): no one
Congratulations to Ying Yang Mafia with 15 points, who wins on the first tiebreaker over Mr Bismarck, guessing a 49.8 overnight share (1.7 off) over 44.6 (3.5 off).
The Constanza goes to the incandescent hincandenza, whose 6 points were the lowest of any player who entered at least four rounds.
posted by rcade at 10:28 AM on February 04
I'm going to write software to make it easier for users to run pick 'ems. Is there any interest in a weekend Premiership pick 'em for the remaining 13 games of the season?
posted by rcade at 10:37 AM on February 04
Good job, Wing Wang!
posted by NoMich at 10:47 AM on February 04
Bravo YYM - well played!
I'm just glad I didn't lose on the commercial thing.
posted by Mr Bismarck at 11:01 AM on February 04
rcade: I'd play.
posted by billsaysthis at 11:37 AM on February 04
YYM clearly had Ray Lewis' god on his side yesterday. In other midwestern news, congratulations to another graduate of a fine MAC institution, Miami University, the Cradle of Coaches, for leading his team to s Super Bowl victory!
posted by tahoemoj at 12:16 PM on February 04
I am also awarding myself a bonus point for predicting not only that Budweiser would win the ad meter, but that it would be a clydesdale commercial that would do it. So now I can hold my head up and face the world.
posted by tahoemoj at 12:35 PM on February 04
That super bowl ad meter thing you linked to is from 2012.
posted by insomnyuk at 01:35 PM on February 04
Here it is.
posted by insomnyuk at 01:36 PM on February 04
posted by rcade at 01:39 PM on February 04
Next year I think I'm going to take a cue from this year's Big Game and shut off the lights when I do my picks; I might get a better score that way!
Seriously, Congrats to the Ravens and YYM.
posted by NerfballPro at 02:23 PM on February 04
This (and sweeping the Beyonce section of my prop betting pool) will ease the pain of coming a point short on my square.
Thanks for setting this up rcade. I would also play a premiership pick em. The CFL pick em has proven that I don't need to watch any of the games to enter a mediocre showing.
posted by Ying Yang Mafia at 02:57 PM on February 04
posted by hincandenza at 04:38 PM on February 04
Nate Silver is dead to me.
posted by Etrigan at 07:18 PM on February 04
You're not logged in. Please log in or register.
Copyright © 2017 SportsFilterAll posts and comments are © their original authors.