November 18, 2002
English Premier League (EPL) Week 14 Report
Arsenal returns to the top, with a 3-0 win in the London derby against Tottenham. The Gunners nudged out my favorite team Liverpool, who contrived a scoreless home draw with Sunderland after peppering the goal with more shots than a band of drunken duck hunters. Meanwhile, Manchester United nearly lost to second-from-bottom West Ham.
Meanwhile, check out Soccernet's cute iconic Team of the Week, which reuses graphics from their Fantasy League.
Other EPL links you may find useful:
- My stupendous live EPL Internet radio page (on SpoFi): A list o' links to live radio commentary (some have archived commentary, too) hosted by each of the teams. Most are free, but the greedy pay ones are noted, too.
- ESPN's Soccernet is my top soccer read for results, reports, the occasional live text commentary, and stats (top scorers, attendance, fair play, discipline).
- The London Times Online's soccer page: Erudite renderings of games, often crossing over into epic poetry, I think. Also has a daily "The Premiership Today" feature that contains snippets on each team.
- The Guardian's soccer site is the center of snark soccer, with hilarious, biting sportswriting wit, in the form of ... well, just about all the articles. And live, text commentary of mid-week games (incl. Euro cup games) -- low tech fun that includes emails to the commentators. And, of course, there's Ormondroyd's Virtual Match Report, a smorgasbord of stick figure soccer sass (see also: Ormondroyd's own site).
- The venerable BBC's soccer section has news, live scores and game commentary (although the commentary seems to be written by robots, with canned descriptions of gameplay).
- PhysioRoom.com's EPL Injury Table: Counts and lists all reported injured players and their injuries (and estimates of how long they'll be out) from each team. This week's injury leader is Man City, with 10 injured players.
Please feel free to add your favorite EPL links and comments.
posted by worldcup2002 to soccer at 12:48 PM - 14 comments
You're not logged in. Please log in or register.